What do I need to bring?
During the boot camp you will have opportunities to practice what you learn with labs. Having all of your software ready will make it easier to dive into the yummy goodness of exploring the labs. The lab package will be given to you during the event. This will need to be installed. If you want to have everything loaded into a virtual PC that would be even better.
Don't worry if you can't get everything installed we will have all of the bits with us at the boot camp and can help you get everything installed.
In order to run these labs you will need to bring:
- Power strip or extension cord
- You'll need a Windows Azure Subscription. If you don't have one, you can sign up for a 90 Day Trial. You will need to provide a credit card to sign up, but the Trial has a default spending cap of $0.00, so unless you remove the cap you will not be charged. You'll use this subscription while working on the hands on labs.
- A computer or laptop:
- Operating Systems Supported: Windows 7 (Ultimate, Professional, and Enterprise Editions); Windows Server 2008; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Vista (Ultimate, Business, and Enterprise Editions) with either Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (full version or the free trial), Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1, or Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition with SP1 - * if you use Express Edition you will not be able to complete all of the labs.
- SQL Server 2005 Express Edition (or above) (this is usually installed with Visual Studio)
- Install the Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio (and some hotfixes)
- Install the AppFabric SDK
- Install the Windows Azure Platform Training Kit